Technical Support Engineer/Service
Are you tired of the same old thing? Ready to make a move where quick growth opportunities are available?
Join DSI/Dynamatic as its next Technical Support Engineer, a position essential to our growth and continued success of the organization, and where your talents will be fully utilized and rewarded.
Reporting to the V.P. of Engineering, the Service Engineer performs all tasks related to the design, manufacturing, and support of the Dynamatic line of eddy current clutches, brakes, and electronic controls.
This position interfaces directly with customers, sales, and manufacturing team members providing technical support and on-site service to ensure our products meet with our internal and industry standards while also meeting the needs of the customer. Installation and/or repair service may require up to 25-35% of travel time.
What will your day like?
- Electrical control design work. This includes modifying existing controller layouts to meet specialized customer needs as well as new designs and updating outdated components.
- Mechanical eddy current drive and brake design and modification work. This may include modifying existing designs of our clutches and brakes to meet customer requirements.
- Develop drawings using AutoCAD and create bills of material to pair with customer product requirements.
- Handle component changes due to obsolescence or supply shortages. Assist with finding component substitutions including identifying component vendors and/or manufacturers.
- Provide technical support to customers and in-house (Sales, Operations, Purchasing).
- Perform testing and repair services along with commissioning of controls and/or mechanical equipment.
- Program or modify controllers using Visual Basic, C, or assembly programs.
- Provide warranty evaluation and potential customer on-site application changes to mitigate future problems.
What makes you the right fit?
- Foundational knowledge of rotating mechanical equipment and electronic controls and their use in industry
- Experience with troubleshooting mechanical equipment or a demonstrated ability to quickly acquire the knowledge
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent computer aided design tool as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to program and write clean, well-documented code
- Ability to design and/or modify electronic circuits
- Ability to analyze assembly drawings and identify components required to general bills of materials
- Possess an associate, technical degree, or field-related experience demonstrating a strong mechanical and/or electrical background.
- Quality-conscious with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to resolve internal and external customer challenges
- Curious and takes initiative
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Dependable: Accountable, Dedicated, Smart-Working
- Skilled: Problem-Solving Mentality, Knowledgeable, Resourceful
- Organizational skills to manage multiple priorities projects to meet deadlines and expectations
- Ability to work effectively and make decisions in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment
- Comfortable and proficient working in a self-directed environment
- Moral and ethical foundation
Why join the DSI/Dynamatic Team?
At DSI/Dynamatic, the world’s leading manufacturer of eddy current variable speed drives, brakes, clutches, and controls, we place great value growth-minded individuals who thrive on challenges and like to celebrate wins. We also believe our team members are crucial to our success. That is why in addition to offering competitive wages in a casual atmosphere, we offer a full benefits package that includes the following all at no cost to the employee!
- Medical: FSA and HRA Account
- Life & long-term disability
- Paid Time off
If this sounds like a fit for you, submit your resume or apply today!